Skip to main content
Updated:
Original:

Mike Tyson Died While Tripping On Toad Venom!!

Mike Tyson reveals that he once died while getting high on toad venom.

Tyson met with the New York Post at a psychedelics conference in Miami. The boxer said his first trip with venom from the Sonoran Desert Toad, or Bufo alvarius, was about four years ago. He said he had gained over 100 pounds and was depressed.

"In my trips, I've seen that death is beautiful," he said. "Life and death both have to be beautiful, but death has a bad rep. The toad has taught me that I'm not going to be here forever. There's an expiration date."

MIKE TYSON FIGHT TRAILER

In the US, the drug in the venom, N-dimethyltryptamine, is a "Schedule I" controlled substance in the U.S., which is the most restricted and could produce serious side effects.

Tyson says the venom made him a better businessman.

"It has made me more creative and helps me focus," he added. "I'm more present as a businessman and entrepreneur."