Toddler OVERDOSES After Mom Puts FENTANYL . . . In The Child's SIPPY CUP!! - MTO News

Toddler OVERDOSES After Mom Puts FENTANYL . . . In The Child's SIPPY CUP!!

Author:
Publish date:
Jhenea-Pratt-and-Charlette

A 23 year old Pennsylvania woman is facing homicide charges after authorities say she gave her toddler daughter a drink laced with fentanyl. Police say that the drink was TOXIC to the 17 month old, who quickly went into an "overdose" state and eventually she died. 

Prosecutors are charging Jhenea Pratt with homicide and endangering the welfare of a child.  Jhenea's 17-month-old daughter, Charlette Napper-Talley, died of fentanyl poisoning in April. 

According to court documents, police responded to a 911 call and found a “baby who wasn’t breathing.” They also found a pink sippy cup with a red substance inside. Responding officers with the Pittsburgh police said that little girl was cold to the touch and had blue lips.

Officers performed CPR on Charlette until paramedics arrived and rushed her to the hospital. She died days later.

Days after Charlette died in the hospital, the Allegheny County medical examiner’s office got results from two tests; they both indicated the presence of fentanyl in the toddler’s blood, as did another screening in May by an independent lab.

Upon testing the fluid inside the sippy cup, authorities discovered it had been laced with fentanyl. The Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office conducted an initial autopsy on Charlette, which showed she had fentanyl in her system, followed by an independent lab screening that also confirmed the presence of fentanyl.

Investigators said two people were in charge of Charlette on the day of her death — Ms. Pratt and her boyfriend, identified in court paperwork as Albert Williams.

Mr. Williams told detectives that he was watching Charlette during the day at the home in the 2200 block of East Hills Drive while Ms. Pratt was in school at Community College of Allegheny County’s Homewood-Brushton center.