Chicago Police may be one step closer to bringing actual charges against Jussie Smollet - for allegedly faking his attack.

Yesterday police released two Nigerian men, whom. they previously believed were Jussie's attackers

Yesterday it looked like police apprehended the men responsible for the attack - Nigerian brothers Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo. Police raided their home on Wednesday and seized a long list of potential evidence - including several bottles of bleach and red "Make America Great Again" hats.

There was more evidence suggesting that the brothers were responsible for the attack. For example, the two men suspiciously flew to Nigeria the day after the attack, according to police.

And police claim that the two brothers were identified as the "shadowy figures" on the surveillance video. The same two "shadowy" figures that Jussie told Good Morning America that he's SURE were his attackers. 

So why did they release these two men without charges. Well police say that the two suspects disclosed some facts during interrogation - that made police believe that they were innocent. Here's what the officers said:

Due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging

Many suspect that they SNITCHED on Jussie, and told police that the entire attack was a hoax.