Rapper Lil Peep died Wednesday after overdosing on some type of drugs. But people on the internet are wondering - whether Peep's death was an accidental overdose . . . or something WORSE.
Some suspect that Lil Peep's death was a result of him taking (intentionally or unintentionally) some XANEX bars that were LACED with a powerful opioid.
And at the center of the investigation - is a 20-year-old woman named Mariah Bons. Mariah is the sister of one of Peep's BEST FRIENDS.
Here's what we know - On November 15, 2017, Mariah and a friend, went meet up with Lil Peep and a popular group GOTHBOICLIQUE (GBC) in Tuscon, Arizona.
At 3:22 pm, a message was sent to Mackned of the GBC that said: "10 min away we have joints, wax, pods, and xans essskkeettiitt." It is not clear who sent this message:
Shortly after this message was sent, Lil Peep was seen popping BARS OF XANEX in his mouth, Possibly given to him (or sold), by the person who sent the text message:
At 7:20 pm, Mariah sent a message in the Twitter group GAS Chat that Lil Peep was passed out and wouldn't wake up.
At 10:57 pm, Mariah sent another message to the group and said "Gbc high af because of me and my friend lol." She left the group after the message
Later Mariah clarified on Snapchat that Mackned asked for xans, a friend of hers picked them up and brought them to Gbc.
She also said that Peep took 60 milligrams of roxi, a form of Oxycodone before, and she assumed he was nodding off from that. She states that she was unaware of any Xanax usage from Lil Peep.
Police are still looking into the incident.