Memphis Teen LOSES HER GALLBLADDER . . . After Overdosing On HOT CHEETOS!!!

Author:
Publish date:

A Memphis mother is claiming that HOT CHEETOS are responsible for her 17 year old daughter nearly DYING. The mom took her teen to the doctor and the doctor told her hot chips were behind the stomach problems her 17-year-old daughter was having.

The mom, Rena Craighaid, was interviewed by local media and told her story. "She loves them. Every time I go out she says, 'Bring me back some Hot Takis, bring me back some Hot Chips.' I want to maker her happy, so I brought them back. She was eating big bags and would take them to school with her," Craighead said.

Her daughter ate TOO MUCH of the Hot Cheetos, and ended up needing stomach surgery. "I was surprised that my daughter was sick like that," the mother said.

And how much is considrede ODing. The teen ate about 4 LARGE BAGS of Hot Cheetos a week..

"We do see tons of gastritis and ulcer-related stuff due to it," Dr. Cary Cavender, with Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, said.

Dr. Cary Canvender, a gastroenterologist at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital, says there's a lot of factors that go into having a gallbladder removed. But he believes eating the chips probably contributed.

The doctor says the number of children they see with stomach problems due to the chips is staggering.

"We probably see around 100 kids a month, easily."