According to a toxicology report, rapper Mac Miller died from an overdose of fentanyl, cocaine, and alcohol.
On September 7, the world was shocked by the news that Miller had died from an apparent overdose. Miller had been battling to stay clean, but ultimately succumbed to his vices. Former girlfriend, Ariana Grande was blamed by many on social media for deserting her former boyfriend and cited her as the cause of his downward spiral.
Ariana was forced to make a statement on her social media to quash the false rumors.
“I am not a babysitter or a mother and no woman should feel that they need to be,” she wrote on Twitter. “I have cared for him and tried to support his sobriety and prayed for his balance for years (and always will of course) but shaming/blaming women for a man’s inability to keep his s— together is a very major problem.”
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office released the official toxicology report which showed that the rapper died from "mixed drug toxicity." He was found in his Calfornia home hours later and was reported to be blue in color and in the 'praying position,' kneeling forward with his hands clasped.
According to TMZ, it was the concoction of drugs which proved to be fatal, not the quantity. There was reportedly a 1/4-inch abrasion on the bridge of his nose, and there was blood coming out of one nostril. Alcohol was found in his bedroom as well as a bottle of prescription pills in his bathroom. According to the report, the prescription meds recovered from the home were Xanax, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and generic Adderall.
His death has been ruled as an "accident."